The Ithaca Teachers Association is a professional organization representing over 600 teachers, social workers, school counselors, psychologists, occupational therapists, speech pathologists, and other education professionals in the Ithaca City School District.
Below is the google link for you to submit your name for consideration to be appointed to a building or district wide department for teacher professional development. Please be sure you are logged into your school gmail account to access this link.
ITA President, Adam Piasecki and ITA Social Justice Committee Chair, Brooke Burnett, spent time this summer standing with AFT President Randi Weingarten as she travels the country speaking on Healthcare, education, labor and human rights. Also, with Labor Religion Coalition of NYS Executive Director, Rev. Emily McNeil, LRC of the Finger Lakes Coordinator, Laurie Konwinski for The Poor People’s Campaign and Labor and Human Rights efforts between labor groups and members of faith groups.
The Ithaca Teachers Association has proudly contributed to the following community ORGANIZATIONS and events:
- Food Bank of the Southern Tier
- Rotary Club of Ithaca
- Coaches Against Cancer Holiday Basketball Tournament
- “GO” Golden Opportunity Program
- Ithaca Public Education Initiative – Kids Discover the Trail
- Out Loud Chorus
- Family Reading Partnership
- Cayuga Waterfront Trail
- Women Swimmin’
- NYSUT Disaster Relief – statewide and Southern Tier
- AIDS Ride for Life
- Ithaca High School Varsity Boys Ice Hockey Program
Congratulations to the 2014 Apple for the Teacher award recipients in the ITA!
- Mihal Ronen from Fall Creek Elementary School
- Michael Treat from DeWitt Middle School
- Rachel Panosian from Beverly J. Martin Elementary School
- Cathy Gee from Boynton Middle School
- Janet Bowman from Ithaca High School
- Chris Barley from Beverly J. Martin Elementary School
- Steve Kirsch from Boynton Middle School
- Dara Anissi from Lehman Alternative Community School
- Judy Cogan from Ithaca High School
- Diane Hallet from Northeast School
October 2013 – Members of the Ithaca Teachers Association participated in the 2013 Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk in Corning, NY on October 20th as part of the ICSD Walkers team under the leadership of Judy Fernandes. According to the event website, over 500 participants took part this year, working to raise $25,000.
The Ithaca Teachers Association is a proud Living-Wage Employer with the Tompkins County Workers’ Center